View Single Post
      03-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #864
ronin951
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M-Sport

My new 328 m-sport does have a vibration issue. 2013/01wk3 build, no *HP, Potenza's.

I first noticed it driving home from taking delivery. My thought was that I had a tire(s) out of balance. I'm planning on replacing the tires anyways, so I just kinda ignored it. I haven't put many miles on it yet, but thinking back it's happened pretty much every time I get on the highway - to one degree or another. Unfortunately, the car is currently at the body shop til next Friday so I can't look into it more. Also, I admittedly have only driven it a handful of times (~90 miles on it), but something's definitely not right.

One thing I find kind of odd is that it seems to happen abruptly. My experience with unbalanced tires is that you can feel it pretty much at every speed. Kinda like a body wobble progresses to a steering vibration. This is different as I don't recall there being a low speed wobble/shimmy.

Do you guys think I should hold off on getting the new non-runflat tires (PSS's) until the issue is resolved? I fear the dealer will blame the new tires.

For the record I saw this thread after I noticed the issue, so it's not like I was looking for it or anything. This weekend is the first I've heard about it. Due diligence FAIL on my part
Appreciate 0