View Single Post
      12-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #66
chrisv_335EBII
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 6sp EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30SD View Post
A night in jail is not the terrible part, it is the arrest record. Even if no charges are filed, even if you are completely innocent and the cop was a huge dick, every employer runs background checks. Arrest record? Not hired.

Doesn't even matter why you were arrested or how long ago it was.
The US has the highest incarceration rate in the world. Mostly that is drugs, but it is also the overcriminalization of everyday behavior.
You don't like that someone dresses differently(saggy pants)? Pass a law, make it illegal, arrest the guy.
A plant is in your possession(weed, cocaine)? make it illegal. Throw the guy in jail
You dump soapy water in the storm drain after washing your car?
Arrest him.

Drive 30+ over the speed limit?
Arrest him.

Individuals should be free to make their own decisions, not subject to the whims of the majority.
WTF are you talking about? That was the most idiotic thing I've read in this thread. You cant make stupid generalizations to proof a point. I bet you are one of those people that say "If you let gay people get married, then next we'll legalize marrying a goat"

The bottom line in my opinion the punishment should match the crime. Reckless driving endangers other people so it should have harsh consequences. If you don't want the criminal record? Don't drive that fast.
Appreciate 0