11-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #211
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
BMW knows what it's doing as they have done this before... with the Z4 sales failure.

They pushed the Z4 from the "premium Miata" bracket to the Boxster market and it just died...

Now they want the 3-Series Coupe customer to downgrade in masse to the new 2-Series Coupe, and the M3 guys to the new M2. If the current M3 have had lackluster sales at $70,000 average prices since introdution (remember the 100,000 unit production-run estimate? I bet that not even 50,000 have been sold to date) then I do not want to know what's going to happen with a $80,000 M4 sales figures...
BMW is going after profits rather than sales. Actually I take that back they are going after both, which is kind of weird considering that they kind of cancel each other out.

But yeah I don't buy that bullshit either. There is literally no market "demanding" a 4-series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Jelly M3 View Post
I don't know why people would argue over prices and competitors when the car doesn't even exist officially?

Just ...
Because look at what they did with the 6er. It has a 20k premium over the 5 series. For what? Two less doors and a car that looks better. Thats just crazy. And if this is called the 4 series it will be a similar story with this car too.
Appreciate 0