View Single Post
      08-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #179
Tim_78
Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

I would not recommend this car to anyone who is sensitive to any kind of steering wheel vibration or wobbling. It vibrates and shakes and BMW does not acknowledge it as an issue. I would NOT buy this car had I known it had this issue. So if you decide to buy, you will most probably receive a car with the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soth View Post
I did a test drive today on a 328 sport. I read about the vibration issue here so I was trying to make sure this car didn't have this problem.

I don't feel a vibration when holding the steering wheel. However, if I let go of the wheel I can see it move a bit, like a kind of wobble left and right. It might be because the roads aren't that great. It didn't seem to be worse at a specific speed. It is obviously not a good idea to drive while taking your hands off the wheel so it is difficult to test this.

So is this normal? Or should the steering wheel not move at all when you take your hands off? I actually tried this on my e46 and it does something similar, although less pronounced (it is entirely possible my e46 is actually in need of an alignment).

Some posters have mentioned something closer to a buzz or quick vibration you can feel on the wheel. Not sure if it is the same thing. If it doesn't get worse I would have no problem with it, but I am afraid it will get worse .

I plan to buy the car this weekend so any advise would be appreciated.