01-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #20
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra08R View Post
I cant seem to replicate your 2 sec delay throttle response. Wonder if its a software thing that they slap on loaner cars to stop ppl abusing the crap out of it and do burnouts and stuff.
Well today I have a 118d loaner whilst my wipers are being replaced, repositioned so they don't damage the bonnet and the edge of the bonnet where the very minor damage occurred, fixed.

You would never know it's a diesel starting it up. As smooth as a petrol engine during idling. And guess what - no take off lag from this baby. Tried it a few times on my way to the office.

Granted, it's not a terribly powerful engine, but the 118's light weight and the diesel torque, combine to start it off the blocks nice and briskly if required. Firm suspension reminded me of the E90, but at least this car does not have the terrible lag the 320d had.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0