12-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #114
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Taking your car apart looking for trouble that isn't trouble. I can understand getting upset if there's a problem that's visible and has an aesthetic impact (visible seat hinges), but all of this banter about the seat bottoms and now the dash brace is just beyond logical.

It's surface rust. It's NOT going to get worse. It's NOT going to compromise the integrity of the car or affect it's safety/functionality/longevity. People really need to stop getting all bent out of shape about these ridiculous nit picks. It's not doing anyone any good. And I can assure you BMW is not going to go out of their way to do anything about it. Especially if everyone uses "but I saw it on the internet" to support their claims. Sometimes you just need to leave well enough alone. Without a doubt, the steps necessary to correct this "problem" will cause far more issues than the original problem would have.

Get your seats fixed and live with the scratched leather and trim. Get your dash fixed and enjoy all of the rattles, loose connections, etc. that will inevitably follow.
First of all, go fuck yourself. I saw some other people had said they found a lot of rust within the HVAC systems, so I took the better part of 5 seconds to pop off the piece and snap a pic out of curiosity. I didn't see anything bad, but decided to contribute my picture in case anybody else was curious seeing as this was in a thread ABOUT RUST. The seats being rusted is just ridiculous and the rusted parts should be replaced.

Secondly, a brief browse of your comment history shows you are literally just complaining about people being stupid for wanting to do this or that. This is an internet forum about our cars, so if people see a potential problem or something they don't like, they talk about it with the hopes of resolving said issue or spreading around some knowledge. If you want to sit online and nitpick us instead of your car, I suggest you check out Reddit or 4chan where at least there is an expectation of worthless comments.
Appreciate 0