View Single Post
      04-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #122
micknugget
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328 Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Global warming is real? I thought you earth worms were fully discredited and shamed when the near lot of you was caught forging the evidence.

Y'all should turn in your efficient dynamics vehicle in for a bicycle.

I mean really. Do you have any understanding on how much pollution was created at the hands of your so called "efficient" BMW 4 banger?

If you really mean what you say, then turn in your keys and go get a bike helmet. Of course, don't pedal too hard our your body might pollute the earth with excess carbon dioxide.

We are all consumers and we are all polluters. We should all do our best to reduce pollution. But, to sit here and tell me that you are better than I am because your dinky 4 banger shuts off at a stoplight for a few seconds is nothing less than hypocritical.

Use of the start stop function most probably moves the issue to another area. Higher maintenance and less engine life. You don't think our forefathers that developed engines in the 1960 and 1970s could not have come up with that crappy idea to power off the engine at every red light?

ASS is what you get when you run out of ideas and you want to appease the hypocrites.

Either give up your oil burning ways altogether or shut up. Think of all the coal burning going on to power the global Internet and that by you earth worms not posting this crap how much fuel we will save!
It's pretty obvious that you didn't read what I wrote because you're saying things that i clearly didn't and I don't at all appreciate it

1) To whether Global warming is real, only ignorant people who can't look up simple data think that it's not. Go to any research site that shows average temperatures over the year. It is also fact that as the temperature warms, storms get more severe. Some scientists faked some information about how bad it was and how bad it was going to get. What I said was "Global warming is real. That is an unequivocal fact. The question is how much we are adding to it and how much of it is a natural warming/cooling cycle."

I don't know if we are causing the warming but we can at least try to no add to it. If being educated and informed about the subject makes me an earth worm, then what does that make you? A slug?

2) Your bicycle and hypocrite comments further show that you're an idiot. I said "It is prudent to preserve our resources and work to keep our planet in better condition, for ourselves and our kids. This doesn't mean that you have to buy a Prius or a Nissan Leaf but having A.S.S as standard and trying to get people to use it is a good thing. Every little bit helps." I didn't say that i was better than you. I didn't say that you had to use ASS but i did say it should be there.

3) You are the ultimate hypocrite by claiming that it's your money and you should be able to spend (waste it however you want and then to saying " We should all do our best to reduce pollution."

Maybe you don't understand that even if ASS saves 10 gallons of gas per year time 200,000 cars = 2 million gallons. Add to that the gas saved by using the turbo 4 vs. the 6, the low rolling resistance tires, etc and you are looking at millions of gallons. I just don't see how that's a bad thing.

You whole complaint is based on pressing a button.....once....when you get into your car. How many times do you change your radio station...or make a phone call......or use your freakin blinker. I mean come on.