Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Ltd

Garage List
good deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
Got mine 1k over invoice w/o being too savvy with negotiating. Was offered 5k off 56k MSRP earlier on a new 2012 S4 around November but was still on the fence with the 335. I got financing of 1.9% with AFS, compared with 3.5% I was offered by BMWFS - if I didn't finance with them, then they refused to sell their 335 allocation for less than 2k over invoice and obviously wouldn't give me incentives. I got into it with the GM of BMW Ann Arbor, the dude was a total DB about it, and I pulled out of my 335 order.
Back in my Audi days, I test drove an M sports coupe or whatever it was..? Been too long to remember, but i didn't end up in it. Anyhow, the BMW sales guy and I were conversing about how few Audis were on the road around Indy at that time. He was saying that Audis were such great cars that they should be selling better in our market given the AWD, reputation, styling, but they weren't. He had previously been an Audi salesperson and said that Audi just wasn't taking the steps to move cars the way BMW was then.

My experience with my S4 was..."Here is the sticker, take it or leave it."

From your post, and the number of Audis I see on the road these days, I would guess things have changed. When I drove an S4 I would occasionally see another S4 on the road, but now I see at least one S car per day and I can see several on some days.

Next time around I may run the Audi numbers. What was the sticker on your car?
Appreciate 0