View Single Post
      04-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #257
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuka View Post
1. M sport has no alcantara for the states only leather 2. M sport does offer brushed aluminum trim 3. M sport steering wheel looks 1000x better (my opinion) 4.225/255 statgared has been the norm for previous 3 series sport or m sport cars to induce a bit of understeer for saftey reasons 5.M sport does have sportier suspension as a option (which should have been included like the e46 zhp)
GREAT!

I've since read that in the US we get all leather, not alcantara, as I prefer.
Brushed aluminum would be my choice, but I think it read that it was some type of aluminum finish though not quite "brushed".
I'll have to wait to be sure as I want to be positive.
I like the M sport steering wheel, so it's fine for me.
Staggered wheels/tires don't really do much for handling. I've had a straight set on my E46 325i sport, and have staggered on my 135i.
I've also driven many E46 staggered setups, and the only difference for me is that the wider rear tires give a bit more rubber for acceleration once the weight transfers to the rear. As for handling my E46 with a straight setup had lighter and better handling than a staggered E46 330i.
It's not a deal breaker, but I like a straight setup for longer tire life as they can be rotated, which also allows for equal wear and less prone to setting up an oscillating tire noise, which happens more readily in cars where you can't rotate tires. Over all, it's less costly and you get better equal tire wear.
To each his own though. If I go with M sport no biggie as I'll have to get a staggered set of tires for the other 3 seasons.

Thanks.

Last edited by RPM90; 04-30-2012 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 0