Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
I do not believe using an unregistered gun is illegal, there are lots of unregistered guns in this country. If your owned the guns prior to the recent gun laws you are not required to registered them even if you built your own gun. Most all the guns in my family are not registered. We have owned then a long time or they were bought through private sales from people who also owned them a long time.

As it has been pointed out in some news reports there are no laws against gun smithing your own weapons, the issue only arises if you try to sell it. No one today even a private sale is allowed sell a gun without a serial number which goes back to an original gun manufacturer which is licensed to sell guns.

The idea of gun registration, is only about if the gun is found at a crime scene police can trace it back to the owner.
When I was talking about registering, I was talking about the gun being registered with the government (having a serial number) and not about being registered to an individual. I agree, the amount of guns that are not registered to the person that owns them is probably really high. I know I have sold half a dozen to friends and family and not submitted any type of paperwork other than keeping a bill of sale in my records.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0