Thread: Homemade Guns
View Single Post
      11-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #13
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I think the story got it basically right - don't know why the OP wrote "I love how ignorant the people that write these things are. They make it seem like if you buy the parts it doesn't have to be legal or have a serial number. "

That seems to be exactly what happens - you assemble a pile of parts that you bought for the purpose, and voila, you are a clever little guy with an AR15 that nobody has official records of. Now TECHNICALLY our shooter might have had some obligation to register it, but since I think he was under an order of protection he probably 'neglected' to do that. This whole post illustrates that this is now common knowledge how to skirt restrictions on these types of guns. If you firearms lovers don't get your heads out of your butts and start putting legislation in place that will actually permit sensible controls, then eventually the public will revolt and take them all away. Right now the NRA is making a joke out of any legal efforts, mostly in the name of pumping up sales. A 5 year old can see that the laws are gerrymandered into uselessness, and it makes all of you legitimate shooters and sportsmen look like you are supporting these maniacs.
Appreciate 0