View Single Post
      11-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #37
wvoz
Rep
Drives: F30 328i 6MT Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitoco View Post
This is what I adressed in my post on page 1, it's why I always make sure the engine reachesworking temp before I shut it so Ive had a chance to rev it out a lil to clear the pipes (both, theleft one has the damn valve)
Upon starting the car and with the ASS deactivated and in comfort mode, I do not switch the car off until it has reached its correct temperature and has been driven for at least a minimum of 15 minutes. Once I notice that the engine has reached its correct temperature, I switch to sport mode and accelerate quickly to clean out the exhaust system thus sometimes noticing a cloud of haze / smoke in the rear view mirror. Has anyone else noticed this cloud of haze in the rear view mirror under heavy acceleration? I drive the car every day and usually do not make short trips. My concern is not that the tail pipes only are dirty with soot but that the soot is clearly visible on the paintwork. Do other people experiencing the same problem see the soot on their paint work? Can you post photos?

Thanks
Appreciate 0