View Single Post
      02-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #326
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Mod update:

First the bad news. The shop still doesn't have the front lip installed so there will be no fancy pics in this post.

Had to pick up the car yesterday anyways though as my friend offered to due the brake lines. So all in all it was still a productive afternoon. The brake lines were installed, the exhaust tips realigned, the injen intake was installed, and the jb stage 1 was hooked up. Car is fast now and I can't wait for it to adapt more.

I want to mention the intake because that was the most surprising to me. I did not expect it to be such a quality piece of kit. For comparison I'm basing this off of an afe stage 1 I had for a brief time on the e46 M3. The wrinkle black coating was nice and even and the pipe was solid. The heatsheild was well thought out to me, had gaskets for the top to seal the hood, pipe insert, and even the bottom to seal with the bracket. Mounting hardware was few and logical. Plus there were instructions, which is always nice. Power wise there is no way I'm going to notice since the stage 1 was hooked up as well. Sound wise the intake is definitely worth it, especially if you can get it for a good price. You can hear the spooling and blow off valve now. The car sounds like it has a turbo now. Since the exhaust I could already here the spooling and now it's even more amplified. The car with the valve full open on the exhaust sounds amazing now. I am going to have to get it on video for you guys soon. I'm really starting to like the car now to the point where I might just keep it after lease end. The only thing left that it really needs is a proper suspension setup and a limited slip diff. We'll see...

Will take a pic or two of the intake when I get home as I didn't take any pics during the brake lines and intake install.

Here are horrible pics of the kit minus the front. I was too frustrated to bother with pics since the kit wasn't finished. The car will be in the Wekfest show this Sunday so should get some good pics out of that.

Rear diffuser and reflectors gloss black with estoril trunk spoiler:

Close up of diffuser and meisterschaft tips:

The worst pic possible of the gloss black side skirts:

Trunk spoiler:

2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0