View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #9
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Something else to consider: The N20 is one hell of a fun engine.

It's lighter, it's faster, it makes 275 HP, and the turbo's in Sport mode make it a rocket off the line.

I came off a 2009 E90 M-Sport which felt heavy and slow, was going to get the 335i on my next 3 Series, no question, especially with the stigma around 4 cylinder engines. But when I started reading the reviews and hearing people raving about it I took a test drive and it only took about 1 minute for me to go whoa, that's got some kick.

The lighter weight of the F30 combined with the more throaty, rocket engine sold me, got me away from the 335i mindset. From what I read, the 328i and 335i are very close in performance in realworld, typical conditions, so you get lighter weight, similar performance, better handling, and better gas mileage.

A lot of words to say that the difference between the two engines is marginal for the typical 48 year old executive commuting to work and driving the kids to baseball practice, and quite a few enthusiasts have gone 328i because they simply think it's a better driver's engine.

BJ
Appreciate 0