01-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #49
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
First of all lets get into the fact that BMW already make an fwd car called the MINI which gets rave reviews for its driving dynamics despite being FWD.
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.

Having driven a mid-term prototype I can tell you that it will appeal to the driver who in the case of the Active Tourer could have sacrificed a 1er for more flexibility for their family will still have a car that looks,performs and drives like a BMW.

The Roadster plan is very much what I reported earlier - the Z1 is the FWD car. The original project that was to be the Z2 is still Rwd - only the name has changed.

There will be an M Performance Z4 but you need to be patient until BMW launch an M Performance 3/4er first.
I don't care if they make and sell 1 million FWD cars, and happy for them if they do, just don't put the roundel on them. Does Coach sell $50 purses? Does Morton's sell chicken nuggets? I know they need the volume to lower their costs and need FWD for CAFE requirements, but they can still do these things without selling a FWD roadster as a BMW.
Appreciate 0