02-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #100
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4wknds View Post
Yea...I originally did that before my dealer visit. Their story was 'we rely on our dealers to evaluate any reported issues...' And, I did ultimately have the BMWNA rep that came to the dealership 'approve' replacement seat frames...or so I was told by my SA. We'll see how this goes. But, as the other person who visited the same dealer said (Monrovia) it wasn't necessarily a welcoming experience when I raised my concern over finding rust on the interior of a brand new car. I had to challenge their "it's normal" claim with my own claim asking them to show me a non-F30 with the same rust. I'm still hopeful the dealer and BMWNA will do right by me.
I actually started by sending a pretty strong email to BMW Headquarters in Munich who referred to BMWNA. BMWNA contacted me by phone to tell me seat pans were ordered on 1/3 for my dealer to install. They followed up a couple weeks later and I told them my dealer hadn't called me.

BMWNA contacted dealer who called me back and said parts were not in. It's been a month since ordered, so not sure how long this process will be.