View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #61
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG_Coupe88 View Post
Thanks man! Yours is looking real slick too! Still on the adaptive suspension, but definitely will take that into consideration when I decide to lower her!
Honestly you can fit some camber plates or camber adjustable bushings with the stock adaptive suspension and get a lot of the benefits without lowering the car. I'd even go as far to say that you'll see a bigger improvement in times from just adding camber to the stock suspension vs lowering the car. Our front suspension geometry just isn't designed for high speed cornering. You can see in your pics by how much more wheel gap/positive camber you have up front mid-turn.

It's of course up to you because a lot of people like the feedback you gain from lowering the car. But getting upwards of 2*+ in front camber changed my turning speeds dramatically. Only downside is tire wear if you don't dial it back when daily driving on the street.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 1