05-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrayes View Post
Hey guys,

The 3 series forum is much more alive, and I sure you guys will help me find answers for my questions.

I have a 2012 BMW 640i Coupe (N55 Engine) I currently have the M performance exhausts on the car.

I am thinking of getting the BMW downpipe + the CANtool to remove any check engine light on the dash, I am not getting the JB4 because some friends had issues with it, I will wait for COBB to roll out a tune for my car.

Now, lets get some answers

1) Are there any long term issues if I keep using the catless downpipe without a tune?

2) anyone using the CANtool + a catless downpipe? can you share your experience please?

3) I cant find any intake for my car, but found one for the same engine for the 335s

Your feedback is highly appreciated guys!
1) Are there any long term issues if I keep using the catless downpipe without a tune? None at all. Not even a chance. Well maybe a CEL if you don't have a CAN tool but that's no harm.
2) anyone using the CANtool + a catless downpipe? can you share your experience please? A lot of people on here are but I'm pretty sure all of them are using the JB CAN features that come with the JB4. I personally have a HFC DP with the JB4 and LOVE it.
3) I cant find any intake for my car, but found one for the same engine for the 335s. No clue about the 6series. Injen makes one for the MT 3 series but that's the only one out that I know of..

Good luck!
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 0