10-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #598
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
We have users who say they have no vibration and can feel nothing when driving along holding the wheel, and the test is to let go of the wheel to see if there is movement?

Are we looking to make a problem here, that may never come up in with many drivers? How can I put this.... Let's be careful here, or BMW won't take the real problem seriously, if they think it is being hyped up by forum hysteria.

This confuses me even more, to what some are saying the vibration issue really is. I was of the understanding that drivers could feel this as a "true vibration" while driving with hands on the wheel.

BTW, my E91 330d steering wheel would dance about if you let go, in some situations, simply due to run-flat tire characteristics. Removed them and it all stopped.

HighlandPete
Just asking. I have no concerns that BMW will take this complaint any more or less seriously based on these forum discussions. They are way smarter than that.

Of the F30 cars I drove so far, the steering wheel danced when lightly held or not holding, but I wasn't really able to feel vibration while holding. My dealer tells me half of the complaints from customers cannot be felt. So, it seems some are just annoyed with the wheel dancing when lightly held.

BTW, both mine and my wife's E90's, E46's and E36's never had a hint of steering wobble, vibration, etc. BMW has historically mastered this issue so its with much surprise that they didn't in the F30.
Appreciate 0