View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 05:35 AM   #602
dc_bmw
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

continued:
Just went back to the dealer. My 320iA with sport suspension (not adaptive) and no VSS/servotronic was balanced and aligned two weeks ago, but there are still vibrations (not visible though).
A mechanic drove my car with me in the passenger seat. He could feel the vibrations but told me this cannot be classified as 'the issue', nor would he be able to do anything about it. Compared to other cars, mine was as smooth as it would ever be. He did confirm that the F30 is build so precise that it is more prone to transferring road feedback and that it is also caused by the run-flat tires.
Concluding he could not do anything for me, he suggested to come back once the winter tires are mounted (4 weeks from now) and see what happens. And hope BMW comes with a solution.
My conclusion is that the F30 has a restless steering wheel with vibrations similar to those know to motorist (engine vibrations in that case). BMW has no solution. It doesnt bother me unless i am driving 100kms with barely touching the wheel. Sitting close to wheel (sporty position) makes me enjoy the car and hardly notice it (sitting close to the wheel makes my hands push the wheel, which changes the experience.)
Appreciate 0