View Single Post
      03-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
I am speaking from 15 years of modifying a variety of cars.

I have never had a bad experience with modest drops on stock struts on the street or the few time I autox'd those cars. The only bad experience I ever had was Intrax, I was 16 and they lowered more than any other spring. They killed my Konis. But, Koni rebuilt the struts, custom valved to match my new Eibachs in fact.

Springs that are more aggressive can prematurely kill stock struts fairly quick. Also each car, the stiffness and build quality of the stock strut has an impact as to its ability to handle the aftermarket springs. I.e. I would trust the f30 sport to last longer and handle better than the base struts to handle the after market springs.
im not trying to argue but you have only done this to 2 of your cars (and one has failed). And, I too have been doing this for over 15 years.

If one can't drive a stock car to the limits, the springs will not help that person's driving at all.

OP - it is your car and you can do what you want to it. Don't be surprised if your body roll improves (lessens) but your overall performance drops. lol.
Appreciate 0