11-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #134
Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 ,01 330,M240?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
1. I am 48 with a net worth of $4M. My dad died a rich man in spirit but a poor man in reality.

2. Nothing says "midlife crisis" more than an E90 M3. It's a humiliating car for a 60 year old wanting a last thrill before assisted living. A 4-door family sedan dressed up as a sportscar for the bald boy-racer speeding along at 40 mph in a 20 mph zone while taking his daughter to ballet lessons. The "look at me!" car for the hypocritical faux-enthusiast who claims "I hate people who think BMW owners are arrogant snobs".

BJ
You are an enigma wrapped in a riddle , I'll give you that, and I seriously don't mean that in a smug way. But the things you say are a direct contradiction to the way you say you feel and the things you post. The only way an M3 is a "Midlife crisis" car is if you make it one.99% of people on the road don't know this difference between one model or another.Put the suspension on its softest setting and you truly do have a nice DD. I couldn't have kept the car if it was harsh to drive while I was rehabbing a broken neck. I've never had a car that cost so much and got so little attention and that was FINE by me( the Skyline was a different story and thats a small factor why its gone.) .I didn't buy it as a conversation starter.I hate flash and bling. Hell I de-badged my M3 when I got it.
You have 8 years on me but it sounds like we are in a similar situation. My father worked day and night to try to feed his family & get his own business off the ground . We had to come by our money through hard work ,but it paid off in a big way.He wants for nothing in this world anymore , but he's not a flashy person. So,I have respect for anyone who puts their hours to make a living . Where we differ seems to be our approach to things. I usually have a good laugh at the threads on here and rarely give an opinion either way.But the biggest thing I hate about one of the cars I love the most is the "elitist " attitude that goes with it.But I understand, that goes with the brand. You say you hate the "faux-enthusiast", but if you're talking about people who track and autocross their cars , then you're talking about a core group who flocked to the original 3 long before BMW became the status symbol it seems to be.
Man,,,,all of this because I said the ATS was a good car... I still stand by that. But that doesn't mean I dislike the new 3 any less.

Last edited by Reznick; 11-04-2012 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: added
Appreciate 0