View Single Post
      08-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
I was very annoyed by the fact that the headrest was not able to go all the way down or you couldnt take it all the way out. Here is the simple fix.

Tools: 7mm socket and ratchet. And a pick tool.

You may have to move the seat back and forth to give you more room.

1. At the Rear base of your front seat locate the 2 push pins. This is basically the only thing holding the back plastic part on. Gently pull down with both hands and the pins will come free. Slide the Plastic panel straight down. This gives you access to the headrest clamp.

2. Look for the 7mm clamp usually on the left headrest stem. Undo it and slide the clamp off. This will allow you to remove the headrest completely out of the seat.

3. Locate the black plastic cap with out the adjustor. Its on the Right hand side. Gently pry up on the cap. Take your time be careful. This will expose the 2 springs that need to be removed.

4. Using a pick tool romove the 2 springs. Dont throwh them away you may want to reverse this process one day. This allows the plastic clip inside to move freely. Its whats preventing the head rest from moving all the way down. Reinstall the cap. And then the headrest. Then the plastic backing cover.

I also left out the clamp so I can take out the headrest if I want.
YOURE DONE! Very simple.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jadar; 08-11-2012 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 0