BimmerHJ
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Salesmen aren't compensated for being friendly and helpful after the sale. They're just compensated for moving product.
Logically it's true, but we all live in human interacting world. Not in robot world...

Salesmen may be compensated for being friendly and helpful after sales.
If I get a very good and reasonable after-sale follow-up from the salesman for minor troubles with the car, I will definitely deal again with the same sales person when I buy another car for myself or my family members or re-new my lease and/or even recommend the sales person to all my friends or colleagues.

If I get the not-so-good after sales experience from my sales person as OP had, then I won't deal with that sales person again. Never! And will spread out the bad reputation to my friends or families.

For me, my sales person is very helpful after sales. He addressed and forwarded my complaints to service department in a prompt manner and took care of all the very detailed things even though they were minor issues.

So, just "Don't bother the salesmen after sale is done!" attitude is not going to help your future sales performance and compensation, unless you really don't want see the annoying customers again.
Appreciate 0