View Single Post
      09-07-2015, 04:09 PM   #153
alexkyriak
Rep
Drives: 435i MSport Coupe

So I got these installed today on my F32 MSport Coupe. Love the look of them, the touch of colour and the filled out look of the disc.

Driving away from the dealership felt like the car had no brakes. Very soft and mushy. I had expected this from what I'd read here, so will report back in due course after some more miles, but wow... soft. Kind of worried they didn't get the install right, however the dealer insists he re-flushed with new brake fluid, and programmed the on-board to state the correct rotor size.

I asked dealer about bedding in, he said "keep it very calm up to 1200 miles". This directly contradicts the other bedding in advice seen on this forum which appears to be "stand on them repeatedly" from high speed (after maybe 125 miles).

Also, is there a 'direction' that the rotor needs to be installed? Ie, the slot direction? My fronts, for example, have the slot angled such that the line of the slot is closer to the calliper at the wheel centre, and further away from the calliper at the wheel rim (when looking at it from the side of the car, hope that makes sense). I noticed the OP had his differently mounted on his fronts.

Cheers.

Last edited by alexkyriak; 09-07-2015 at 04:37 PM..
Appreciate 0