09-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #105
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.T View Post
I wonder how long it takes from arriving at the dock to delivery....
When I had to tell my dealer as to the whereabouts of my car (when it was waiting at Durban wharf a few days ago) as well as what ship it had been allocated, he did tell me that it can take up to 3 weeks before they take delivery of some cars.

Not sure why, but don't the cars come out from customs to a preparation centre of sorts to clean off the shipping goo? Or does the dealer 'take care' of that aspect? Don't they check for shipping damage and attend to it as well?

Maybe it won't take terribly long after arriving in our respective ports. Let's hope not.

Going back to tracking the car, he was so impressed with my knowledge, that he added the WWL website to his favourites and instantly looked up another car he sold. Even though it was the very next VIN number, it seems it did not make it onto the GL ship.

He also likes bmwvin.com I introduced him to.

I should be charging him for all this info.

I wonder if the ship's crew leave the light on for the cars during shipping as it can be mighty lonely in the dark for so many days.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0