View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
mackie777
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320i M

I think its all quite relative to what you've come from to what you have now.
For example, my biggest step up in cars, was from a subaru to a landrover. For me at the time the LR was a step up medium luxury level and prestige, a place where i put Lexus and Audi as well.(my old man always had 7's so i knew what full lux was)

Then i went from a LR to an Audi, and got a cheaper value car and to be honest cabin wise a step down in luxury. However the prestige factor was greater in the Audi yet 20k less. Clients started saying things to me "business must be good" or "we paying you to much" kind of thing.

For me Prestige is very much about price and perception, and luxury is very much about quality of materials and drive comfort

I think you have to put the f30 problems in perspective. You are on a forum for BMW enthusiasts, if there a problems with something you will here about it here first and in numbers, however it does not mean its the norm (often far from it).

Australia wide, i would say the f30 would be seen as a luxury vehicle

I have waffled on and not sure what ive said above is relevant or if it makes sense.
So yes its tough to answer haha

I looked at, C Class estate, a Q5, Volvo and Land Rover (traded my10 a4 avant). For me nothing came close to the F31 in terms of luxury and quality.
Appreciate 0