SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Second, early reviews of the E90 mentioned issues with the air conditioning in hot US climates. I remember reading about the a/c "struggling" to keep up with the heat.

I must say that the most brilliant winter feature in my E90 are the heated seats. They must be nuclear-powered; they are warm before I leave the garage. No other car I've ever owned has seats that warm as quickly.
Last September my wife and I drove down US 395 from Carson City, NV to San Diego as the last leg of a longer trip. Much of 395 is pretty desolate and part of it is just west of Death Valley. September is one of our nicest and sunniest months and temps were in the upper 90's most of the day. We never felt that the A/C was "struggling" to keep up with the heat. We had it on Auto, the temp set at 70 degrees, and the fan speed was on either 2 or 3, no different than how we normally have it set. We also have tinted windows (40%) and the power rear sun shade so that may have helped.

My wife loves the heated seats, useful even in San Diego when the temp can be in the low 40's on a winter morning.

Appreciate 0