View Single Post
      10-08-2016, 12:09 AM   #1992
Araemo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340iX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak299 View Post
How much detail is available from the automated status line? From reading the forum, it looks like the detailed status codes are no longer available. I ask because I have only ever heard one status I ordered a car on 9/21 and got an email on 9/22 giving me the production number. I found this site and called the BMW Genius number on 9/23 and was given the VIN number and was told it was already in production and there was an initial estimate of a 10/11 build-completion. I thought 19 days sounded long so I called the automated status a couple of times and it always says in-production with an estimated completion of 10/11. How many changes will there be before it gets on a boat? Is there a way to find out why the build will take almost 3 weeks, assuming it still gets done on the scheduled date?
I called and talked to the real person yesterday (thursday.. my build completion date was today (friday)... she said it basically didn't truly start production until earlier this week (even though it entered 'in production' on 9/22).
Appreciate 0