08-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #214
gerbs
woof
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
Wink (F30) Official ESTORIL BLUE II F30 Photo Thread

Strangely enough, despite being a different factory, a different car, a different dealer, and 2,650 miles further west, it took exactly 73 days from order to delivery both the first and second time I've ordered a 335i.

Part 1

I came out of an E92 M3 this time. There are so many unique differences about the F30 - for better or for worse; I am just thrilled.

Took delivery this morning, so everything is still very, very fresh. But here's some quick notes:
  • The 6MT is very notchy. The distance between gears is tiny. So at first, it is different and feels strange; but once you get in rhythm it shifts excellently.
  • Headreasts are insanely improved - Cushioned, soft, and my head actually rests on them now!
  • The sport seats are perfect, just like before.
  • Comfort mode with M Adaptive suspension is "bouncy" in a very, very good way. I have never driven a three series which I could describe in this way until now.
  • Eco pro is excellent on the highway, Reminds you when you forget to shift because you're busy doing other things you shouldn't be doing
  • Harmon Kardon is somewhat tinny and average from it's first impression - Definitely need to play with the settings & hoping there's improvement to be made.
  • Seeing those beautiful angel eyes reflecting the first time will give you a nice little chill
  • The navi screen is positioned wonderfully, as well as the iDrive controller.
  • M Sport steering wheel! PERFECT.
  • The F30 is BIG. At least it feels that way. Maybe I am more biased coming out of two E92s, but everything feels huge. This is what I was expecting & looking forward to, so it's a very welcome change for me.
  • ASS is great as well. Not sure why everyone is complaining? It inconspicuously turns off when your car is ... stopped. Then turns back on the second your foot touches the clutch. Yay gas savings.
  • Estoril Blue II is unbelievable in person. Pictures simply do not do this color justice. Really, go see it for yourself.

On to the good stuff:

Morning workout before delivery time. A nice day to buy a BMW. (Who are we kidding; when isn't it nice here?)

Goodies ready to go.

At the dealer - The suspense kicks in right about... now.

She's pulled up front right away. My first time seeing her. I achieved my goal of my own Estoril Blue II 335i being the first time my two eyes ever see the actual color in real life - Score!

All wrapped up and new!

My first look inside.

My first sight after signing the paperwork upstairs.

A little closer, please. Those stunning headlights have my full attention...

Well those didn't last very long...

...... No words for this one

Perfect.

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0