02-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #25
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I'm aware others were pushing hard on BMW, we had my dealer co-ordinating with BMW Technical, to sort 3 cars with very disgruntled long term customers. We thought BMW were going to use one car and test different wheels, then BMW backed away. I personally think they realised they were getting too close to finding a wheel/suspension mis-match issue and didn't want any of us to confirm it.

Without going too far off topic, I went straight to BMW Technical and Bridgestone, (as I said BMW backed away), but I managed to get a Senior Bridgestone Field Engineer up here for a morning, and we went out in my car for him to see for himself what we were dealing with, when road quality was not of typical 'test' standard.

It was clear I was pushing the working envelope up here and the suspension was not coping with the RFTs. Obviously he had much more to say and went off to investigate the issues further. Hence why I went for Koni FSD dampers to widen that restricted envelope. Was still not enough for the driving quality I was after. Now we have active damping systems which widen that envelope even more, when conditions start pushing the boundaries.

HighlandPete
I spoke to a dealer in Scotland today and they said Adaptive a must spec on our poor roads the first one to say that, and your are bang on the money with your ccomments
Appreciate 0