View Single Post
      11-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #55
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
You might want to drive one before you pass final judgement. It's quite a different experience (in a good way) from either a 335i or the 328i.

I'll agree with you on the ~$1500 delta over 335i, especially considering there are $700+ worth of free options you get on the AH3 (see bigger thread).

I'm not trying to justify the AH3 to anyone, but it is a shame that on an "enthusiast" board such as this, the point of the car seems to be lost on most. An extra $1500 doesn't really matter much over the life of the car, but the benefits of the AH3 can be experienced every time you take it for a spin.

Also, they wouldn't use the N26 as the basis for the ActiveHybrid range, because it wouldn't make sense in the 5er or 7er. Sharing the drivetrain over 3 models is what helps keep the price deltas (vs. standard models) as low as it is. In this scenario, the AH3 has the "over engineered" drivetrain, so it should represent even more fun/power vs. the equivalent AH5 or AH7.
i think an n26 with hybrid would make sense in a 5 series. i mean they have a 528i and the a6 hybrid is a turbo 4. the 7 obviously not. if anything the 5 would be able to absorb the battery / space penalty better since its bigger than a 3
Appreciate 0