View Single Post
      12-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #211
nautilus5
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Well said sir. You yank haters sound like petulant kids you know. You should grow up and get over yourselves and stop trying to dictate to the world that YOUR opinion of a car is the only one that counts. Thank God BMW don't listen to you muppets and keeps coming up with new models to satisfy even more customers.

If you don't like it: fine. But don't come out with stupid comments like BMW are diluting their brand and this isn't a BMW and how dare they. You just sound a bit ... well, a bit retarded really. Like you can't think past your own nose.
Sorry but not all of us are badgewhores who shit their pants every time crumbs fall off of BMW's plate. It's called an opinion and everyone has the right to criticize this POS. If you like this car, then great... more power to you. But don't get all butthurt because others don't.

I agree with you that comments like "this isn't a BMW" and "how dare they" are dumb (uh, duh, this is a BMW look at the badge.... and how dare they? well they just did). However "diluting the brand" is hardly a "retarded" comment. Look at what BMW is doing with the 3 series (3 sedan, 3 wagon, 3 GT, 4 coupe, 4 gran coupe) and IS models (ie- M550d, M135i, etc.). If you owned an M, how does this NOT bother you? Also, look at the hydraulic/electronic steering issue. I hear that the next M3/M4 (now that's effing retarded M4 wtf?) will have electronic steering... wtf really?!?! I mean I can live with the regular 3/4 having electronic but leave the M cars with hydraulic steering please. It's not like people who buy Ms are concerned about the gas it saves. Anyway I digress... my point is, it's not merely the fact that BMW is coming out with a 3GT that people are complaining about BMW diluting the brand. It's everything BMW has been doing up to this point that's upsetting people but can you really blame them? //M truly does stand for //Marketing now.
Appreciate 0