View Single Post
      05-19-2022, 08:25 PM   #66
railroader
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Hi Folks,

Just joined the forum.
I own a 2013 BMW 328i. I found this thread useful. I can use some guidance.

I have a little bit of water ingress on the front passenger side. Its not a lot but I'd like to address it before it gets worse. I can't reproduce this ingress either. I tend to notice it more when there are rains and high wind combined. I have not found the source of the leak. I have generic rubber floor mats and I usually find some water on top of it and just below it, closer to the edge of the door. I have not had a completely soaked carpet yet. Just a little water standing below the rubber floor mats.

For a moment I thought this water was leaking from below the glove box as the location of it appears directly below. Then I thought its condensation making its way through the footwell air ducts. I simply can't trace how the water is making its way in. Door seals are my next doubt but again, no trail of dry water marks. Its as though a little water makes its way in and stops.

For the moment I've placed a paper kitchen towel as something to absorb the water, if it makes its way in. Something to absorb it immediately instead of wetting the bottom floor carpet.

Is this grommet at a location I can access or do parts need to be stripped in the engine bay to access it?

I need to check the door panel vapor barrier. Don't have the tool yet to strip the door panel apart.
I also read on another post that a missing door clip can also allow water seepage.

Any pointers would be great.
Appreciate 0