11-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #22
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2ndBMW View Post
I am thinking about placing an order for 2013 328ix or 335ix M Sport. I haven’t decided on fuel economy (328) VS power/look of M Sport (335).

I wanted to know from those people who has taken a delivery of F30 (328ix or 335ix), were they Made (manufacture) in Germany or South Africa?

All the cars that I have owned from Mercedes and BMW were made in Germany and I want my German car to be made/manufacture/assemble in Germany.

This is not about which country manufactured better car and purely a personal preference.
Honestly, the only thing you should care about is leadtime for delivery. SA built cars take longer to reach NA. Typically an additional 30 days.

Resale value is unaffected. SA cars are NOT discounted more than German built cars. 95% of buyers could care less where their car was built, nor would they flinch if they learned it was built in SA. They would trust BMW knows what they are doing.

If you disagree, go find yourself an Apple product made outside China. Or for you Canadians, look at how your Blackberry assembly has been outsourced to Mexico.
Appreciate 0