03-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #16
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inChargeOfIT
I owned the 328i F30 for 4 months and then moved to the 335i (for other reasons). Both cars are great. The 328i's power is smooth and steady, but it lacks that "biting at the bit, raring to go" feeling you get with the 335i torque monster.

I found that I stayed more relaxed in the 328i. I spent a good bit of time in eco pro mode. I could easily get 30+ MPG and seemed less tense while I 'cruised'.

With the 335i.. I tend to be more tense/aggressive in my driving. The engine notes, exhaust sounds, the torque... The grin I get when I hammer the throttle. But with that...

I now almost exclusively live in sport mode and sport transmission engaged. I get about 14 MPG, if I am lucky, already added a JB stage 1, ordering stage 2, about to get m-performance suspension and wheels, and I am constantly browsing the internet finding/researching ways to get more power.

So for me, the 328 beautifully balances power, handling, comfort and fuel economy into a really good car.. but it is just not as exciting as the 335i to drive.

Go drive both like others have mentioned and pick the one you love the most (or the one you can afford to love the most). Either car is a win!
^ This!

...and very well said!!!