View Single Post
      04-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #67
Eric SS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Chevy SS Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseSRQ View Post
Any luck with this? Just got an iPhone 5 yesterday and cannot get emails or text messages through iDrive either.
It's quite a process. Make sure that your "notifications" for "mesages" on your iphone is set to show in the notification center and the "alert style" is "alerts". Also, "view in lock screen" is set to on. On your BMW, make sure you have office and iphone settings to show messages

I thought I had everything set and then I realized I forgot one thing. On your iPhone, go to settings -> bluetooth -> click the arrow on the right side of your BMW (to the right of where it says "not connected" or "connected" and in that menu there is a box that says "show notification" I had to turn that on and it worked fine to show my messages.

Now it works. I still can't get email to work but I have not tried the newest way of doing it which is to make sure that you open your mail client first before trying to show your email in the car.

If the above doesn't work, not sure what to tell you.
2023 X3M Comp: current
Appreciate 1