View Single Post
      03-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #22
darksilkx1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Monthly Payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttackBMW View Post
Fully disagree. I had a 2007 E90 335i and had turbo problem starting at 3000 miles. Would be driving along just fine on the freeway and all of a sudden my 300hp would drop to about 100 and I got an error on the nav that said 'catastrophic engine failure' CLASSIC!!! Long story short, it happened three times between then and about 14K miles. They replaced the turbo, reloaded the firmware, etc. I was finally fed up and I contacted BMW to buy back the car under California Lemon law. They did and I ended up getting every penny back (down payment, all monthly payments, tax, license, two years registration, etc.) all they kept was a small hold back for my use of the car. In California if you have a lemon, they take the original cost of the car, divide by 120,000 and then multiply by the number of miles until the first problem. Essentially I drive the car for over a year for about $1000 other than gas and insurance - everything came back to me.

That said, I left and went to Lexus and was not happy with a 350GS. My new 335i is awaiting a ship. My only advice is, keep documentation on issues and otherwise love the car.
Relieved you came back to the fold. Against my better judgement I let my wife buy a 2011 GL350 11 months ago. As most married folk here can attest, if you make the wife buy something she doesn't like, every problem with it will always be your fault. So I quietly sat back though I felt an X5 was probably more fun, reliable, and certainly cheaper. The car has had a number of suspension issues they cant identify. Most recent service visit the car was in for 3 weeks and they had to fly in an expert from the 'Bama factory. Close to declaring it a lemon.