View Single Post
      07-11-2012, 03:11 AM   #43
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
Looks like I'll be opting for nav for the first time, this all looks great. The fact that I can have Spotify, Pandora, etc. installed directly on my car and have it connect to a LTE network and store music on its own hard drive is great. I drive a lot every day and waste most of my phone's battery using it to play music so not only will this be a lot more convenient, I'll be able to bypass the low quality DAC chip in my iPor or iPhone and get even higher quality sound.

This one feature is enough to sell me, the other stuff is just icing on the cake and the new graphics are very nice.
Bmw has always had full iphone integration capability as an option, or aftermarket head unit installation.. That covers phone charging and dac stuff. And remember the lte portion still requires you to be near an lte capable tower - on the plus side it will still work over 3g/edge as backups

Still, those things are a million times cooler than the gps thing, especially when aftermarket already caters way superior standalone units for thousands less -_-

I guess its worse for my care factor as we don't get cool stuff like pandora in australia (SO MUCH WANT) and i'm in to the high-end custom car audio scene as is lol, so anything that hinders that i'd rather not have.
Appreciate 0