04-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #20
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
+1 - all that, and you don't have to be concerned with warranty issues, either. This is a value-add update, not a sneak-behind-their-back tack-on. Besides the added power, it also provides a few distinguishing parts like the new engine cover, opened-up intake, and some badging that can stay with the car. Nickel-and-diming on a $50K+ car just doesn't make sense, especially when you consider the added sophistication of the 8AT, dynamically-adjustable suspension and all the other things that set the F30 apart from the E9x generation.
Exactly!
It sort of made sense with my Mitsu Evo, getting an EcuFLash for $500 and calling it a day, but that was a $30k car.
I spent $47k for my 335i - I want to make sure the tune doesn't grenade the engine. Not saying BMS will, but if I spend $700 for a tune that'l arguably putting down the same numbers and can increase the resale value, why wouldn't one consider the factory tune.

And that's why it made sense for BMW to do this...it was a real smart marketing move AND a great competitor to Dinan and other tuners. It upped the ante for sure...

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0