View Single Post
      11-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #15
m20b25
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

This is identical to my problem by I have a 330i.

Really annoying on the motorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xED View Post
When I arrived back from my ED pick-up, my October issue of Car and Driver was waiting. In it, they concluded their long-term test of a 2012 328i 6MT Sport Line. Guess what they complained about?

"Gripes focusing on driveline vibration began at 5900 miles and continued throughout the test. The buzz was subtle enough that it was more often seen, not heard or felt, as a rearview-mirror quiver. The tremor began at 75 mph and heald steady throughout the upper registers. We doubt that the engine is to blame for this very un-BMW-like roughness. The cause could be deep within a tire, an out-of-balance driveshaft, or some other unhappy rotating component. Our dealer searched for the gremlin but never found it."

This is identical to my problem - except I felt the vibration from delivery on both cars - whereas Car and Driver thought it developed over time. Either it was there from start and they never noticed it - or it does get worse with miles.

BTW: I think this is only a 328i + 6MT issue. The number of those cars are (sadly) dwindling as most opt for the 8AT, and those that do get 6MTs get the 335i.
Appreciate 0