Steven1077
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassthe1st View Post
Hey everyone.

I've had my doubts about the AT on my car; I always felt it wasn't working properly. Like when I accelerate from a stop at it almost always engage abruptly or the is a slight hesitation after acceleration. I would like to comfirm something with others with the 8AT, preferably the 328s. I had noticed that whyle standing on the prake and putting in drive would load the drivetrain. Same in reverse. Today I tried this: Stand on the prake with good pressure the while holding the engage button(to go from park to drive) quickly go from Drive to reverse to drive and so on. It sometimes will hit hard, like bumping another car at low speed. Does anybody else have that behavior?

Thanks.
Yes my 435i does the same, i've not tried going from drive to reverse fast but if I'm in neutral and put it in drive or reverse it tends to jump a little, also when I engage park it's a bit clunky, I had a 428i and 335d that never did this, I'm not really worried as I have no intention of keeping the car more than 2 years so if it goes bang it will get fixed under warranty
Appreciate 0