View Single Post
      03-21-2017, 07:22 PM   #67
arvi604
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328xi SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSander View Post
Okay, I have a 328 coupe and I read through so many reviews on Tirerack before decided to go with the Michelin A/S 3. I have been a fan of Conti and had the original DWS on my previous car then changed to the new DWS06 when the old one worn out. On my 328, it was the road noise and harsh ride of the runflat tires that drove me nut so I decided I had no other choice but to make the change. The Michelin tires were good. They handle well but during the winter, I skidded like hell. It was mind boggling to me because tirerack did the test. They clearly says Michelin earned higher score on snow than the Conti. Guess what, slowly as time goes there are just more and more reports from other owners saying the same thing about the Michelin A/S 3 tires. They SUCK in snow. If you are willing to be Super careful everyday driving during the winter, buy yourself the Michelin tires. If you value your life and willing to deal with a bit softer ride, go with the Conti.

Stiffness wise, you have Run flat ones being super stiff, then Micheline AS3, then non run flat tires. Micheline has a very very strong side walls so hitting a curb, a pothole... no problem. They just are more willing to throw your car into another car when there is snow on the road.
The AS 3+ is supposed to be a significant improvement over the AS3 in snow to the tune of like 28% better or something like that according to Michelin. My experience with the AS 3+ over the course of this past winter has been quite positive.
Appreciate 0