View Single Post
      10-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #37
darksilkx1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Monthly Payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr74656 View Post
I never said everyone can jump from a 3 series to a M5 but jumping from a 3 series to a 5 series does not cost much. Considering that navigation comes standard with the 5 series, a base 528i costs about the same as a base 335i with navigation and a base 535i costs roughly $6,000 more than a base 335i with navigation. Which means that with a premium increase of approximately 11%, you can jump from your 335i to a comparably equipped 535i.
That makes sense if your priority is more what other people think and less the actual enjoyment of the vehicle and driving experience. You didn't add that with the F10 there is also the weight penalty over the F30 which is significant considering they both have the same engine. You also have to be willing to deal with the well publicized lack of steering feel in the F10. Don't know about you but I would rather spend 55k on a loaded 3series that actually drives like a BMW, than a lightly optioned 5 series at the same price that looks great but drives like a Lexus ES.

I personally don't give a rip who drives what I drive. I drive what I can afford and they should too. Unless you are in a Veyron or Pagani you are bound to see folks in the same car as you so why loose any sleep?
Appreciate 0