Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Are you reverting to stock intake?
I'm attempting to raise the nose-end of the CF brace to clear the dinan intake. Thought to ditch the Dinan intake but installed it yesterday along with Dinan Stage 2 tuner and it's not bad. It can stay for a bit.

The attachment point of the CF brace to the hood cross link doesn't take any of the force but should be secured somehow. I have an idea that I can shave down and shape a frame slider from a racing motorcycle application to act as a pillar. Longer bolts are no issue. If I can raise the attachment point to the cross link at the nose end, it means the angle needs to be changed where the CF brace attaches to the allow cross brace near the firewall. Thoughts?

Also, I didn't order the guide support bearings. They are $176 each. Pricey in my mind. What did you pay for them? I am going to grind off the tabs on the stock guide support bearing where that flimsy stock cross brace attaches to allow the support ring to attach to it.

Let's move some of this to the main forum. How's your install going? Done? I pick up all the misc. parts other than allow and CF brace, which I already have, on Wednesday. I ordered all the parts for stage 4.
Appreciate 0