View Single Post
      05-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #872
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Do realize that there's a huge bias in terms of posts on this thread in terms of who says they do and who says they don't. The ones who all claim to have the issue are also a lot of people who googled the problem, and were led here. However, no one who DOESN'T have the issue is going to google "steering wheel vibration" and come here to post that they don't have it. Therefore, it's more like the entire internet vs the regular members of this forum.....

I've driven 4 F30s (test drove a 328 and a 335 at dealership before buying, test drove a 328 at diff dealership that I had gone to first but where the SA threw me off, and my current 328i I own), and I have never felt this steering wheel vibration. I've driven them on asphalt, tarmac, at all speeds from city crawl to highway 70-80mph. They've all been on run flat tires (dunno what brand).

I'm not saying that the issue doesn't exist, I'm just saying it's not as huge or widespread a problem as people on this forum make it out to be (listening to people here you'd expect 7 out of 8 F30s to have it). I'd be surprised if this affected more than a few percent of the cars produced.

It's also very telling how many of these people say their dealerships/repair places can't "replicate" the issue. I think some people don't have this problem, but are rather just unused to how sports cars handle (prob expecting a slushy ride like a caddy), and upon coming across this thread think it's the same problem.
Appreciate 0