View Single Post
      08-26-2020, 02:19 PM   #34
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

As far as I know, this is not possible as a DIY option.

My understanding is that the ECU and the TCU have to be completely reprogrammed from Germany (because the ECU is replaced, and the new ECU has to be coded in to the car), and the car therefore has to be at a BMW main dealer for at least an overnight period.

That was certainly the process when I had MPPK installed for my 30d.

That said, I really wouldn't waste your money on MPPK. The power/torque gains are very modest (I got a refund), your car is already out of warranty (so why pay a premium), and a reputable tuner will be able to unleash far more performance from the engine than BMW would want/allow in order to protect its vehicle/engine line-up (i.e. not wanting powerful 20d units to rob sales from more expensive models).

Really, a remap is the way to go and will save you a lot of money which you can use towards upgrading the brakes, suspension, etc.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 1
Fez_766.50