04-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #162
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M View Post
I forgot to list some of the functions of 6NL in my last post. 6NL also includes:
- BMW mobile office
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- album cover art display
- user can update the vehicle software to be compatible with select future devices and telephones
- second microphone for passenger for improved hands-free capability
- possibility to pair 2 mobile phones + 1 audio player simultaneously using Bluetooth
- separate SIM card for BMW telematics integrated into the vehicle. Includes emergency call button.

What might be of interest above is the ability to update the software for new devices. It would seem you only get this capability with this option, not the standard 6NH.
I find it odd that without 6NL, you could scroll songs in your iPod using the steering wheel controls or the audio buttons on the centre stack, but not the drive wheel. Those things seem to be so integrated as a standard feature that I can't help but the ink BMW has purposely disabled the drive wheel functionality and wants you to buy another option package for them to reconnect it.

Everything would show on the screen anyway, but they've chosen to make in inconvenient by taking away one method of selecting songs unless you pay.

That's an assumption of course, but I just don't see why, if control of the technological features is centered around the drive wheel, they would take one thing and make you pay to use drive to do it.
Appreciate 0