View Single Post
      09-23-2019, 01:28 PM   #4
Destrier_F32
Rep
Drives: '14 435i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Alright, so this has turned into a bit of an s-show and I feel like I'm about to pull my hair out and just go back for an S550 GT I originally chose this car over. Here's how this journey has been since my last post:

I'm in week 5 of this issue, car still at the shop. The pressure sensor was replaced, the DME was told that it was replaced, and it kept throwing the fault code, and then started throwing thermostat codes. They unbutton the front and are about to change the thermostat when they see that there's a mixture of coolant and oil going through it. Not a great sign.

They trace the oil leak back to the oil filter housing gasket, so that gets replaced, lines and radiator are flushed out, thermostat replaced, and it's time to check the codes again. Still throwing thermostat fault codes. They find out that, with the bad thermostat having oil/coolant being pushed through it at high pressure, it allowed that mixture to go into the thermostat plug and get pushed through the harness, all the way back to the DME. The connection where that part of the harness hooks to the DME had that mixture on the pins.

Now, we're just crossing our fingers and hoping they can blow out and dry the wiring harness and the DME and not have any more faults come up, but it could end up with me needing to replace the DME if the damage is permanent. Feeling a bit sick at the moment.

Last edited by Destrier_F32; 09-23-2019 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0