View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #13
rooski
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

Looks like I'm in the same situation as most of the "owners" here. My 335i was ordered on 12/21/12 and completed production on 1/19/13. Originally thinking all 335i vehicles were made in Munich, I kept watching the Wallenius Wilhelmsen tracking info but never saw the VIN there. Then I found out that if you have an N in position 11 of your VIN, that your car is made in SA.

It took two weeks for my car to make it to the port on 2/4/13. And, according to 800-831-1117 BMW 'Vehicle Production Status', it is still sitting at the port awaiting a ship. The big question I have is will my car go to Bremerhaven and be transshipped to the NY port? If so, I'll be lucky to see it before the end of March.

If you're in my position and not on a ship, there are a few things you can do to get an idea of when your car will get on a ship. Once you know your VIN number, you can find out when it was built on www.bmwvin.com. If you subtract about 20 numbers from the end, you will find another vehicle that was built about a week before yours. Call the 800 number and find out the status of that car. For me as of today, the car produced a week before mine (1/12/13) is STILL IN PORT! Fortunately, the car produced on 1/8/13 is on a ship.

Now if you really want to be POed, you can check some of the VIN numbers on WW track and trace. Some cars produced in Munich in early February are already on ships bound for the USA and Canada.
Appreciate 0